Monday, December 15, 2008

Prepare for lift-off

I really don't know how to start this blog.  I don't.  All I know is that sometime last week I found myself making a decision that I've been fighting for years now:

I am going to accept the fact that I am allergic to (intolerant of, really... but we'll get into that later) tons of foods and I'm even going to damn well enjoy it.

This is huge for me.  Most of you don't know me and don't know the slew of practitioners I've seen, the weekly doctor visits, the classes, the energy-workers, the diets, the "detoxing", the determination, and the tears.  I was sure.  I was so so sure that I was going to beat my body into submission and force it to learn to love all of these foods, vitamins, and drinks that it has been reacting to on a daily basis for as long as I can remember.  If only I could figure out the missing link, the auto-immune factor, or the endocrine issue that was causing this weakness.  I tried just about everything and still I couldn't figure out how to make my body change.  Well I have tried my darnedest and I think it's time for me to try the one thing I haven't tried yet.  

I'm going to live happily - even thrive - in a wheat, gluten, dairy, egg, sugar, alcohol, vitamin D, almond, oyster, and yeast free world.

So this is my new playground.

I love food.  I love cooking, baking, and sharing food.  Honestly, it's a relief to think I can finally let myself off the hook for a while.  Instead of trying to figure out how to fix myself all of the time I'm just going to explore all of the ways I can enjoy myself while I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment